- Fantasy Baseball 2017: Hitter Streamers Week 4
- Fantasy Baseball 2017: Two Start Pitchers Week 4
- Fantasy Baseball 2017: Closer Depth Chart Week 3
- Fantasy Baseball 2017: Hitter Streamers Week 3
- Fantasy Baseball Waiver Wire Adds Week 3
- Fantasy Baseball 2017: Two Start Pitchers Week 3
- Early Season Fantasy Baseball Injury Replacements
- Fantasy Baseball 2017: Closer Depth Chart Week 2
Fantasy Sports Prop Bet: Slap in the Face
- Updated: October 24, 2016
We all compete in fantasy sports for different reasons, but the main driver is competition. There is a clear winner and a clear loser.
Earlier this year, we reviewed some potential last place penalties for the leagues who are looking to hold themselves to a higher standard. This post isn’t about a punishment for coming in last place, but for being wrong. Fantasy banter is what makes fantasy sports great and we’ve all said something along the lines, “Player X is going to outscore Player Y and if you disagree you’re a moron.”
We received a submission by a follower regarding one league’s side action, and it is beautiful. Apparently this poor soul thought Randal Grichuk was going to outperform Stephen Piscotty in the most recent fantasy baseball season. Not only was he wrong, it wasn’t even close.
The winner of this bet got to slap the other in the face.
At the end of the day, fantasy sports are about honor. A man’s word is his bond, and this guy took it like a champ. Knew what was coming and took his medicine. I’ll be honest, when I think of a slap bet amongst friends, I didn’t think he was going to strike with that much force. Then I thought about it more and realized if he held back, he was a bitch and didn’t respect the other guy.
It’s nice to know there are leagues out there who understand what fantasy sports are about, respect and honor.