- Fantasy Baseball 2017: Hitter Streamers Week 4
- Fantasy Baseball 2017: Two Start Pitchers Week 4
- Fantasy Baseball 2017: Closer Depth Chart Week 3
- Fantasy Baseball 2017: Hitter Streamers Week 3
- Fantasy Baseball Waiver Wire Adds Week 3
- Fantasy Baseball 2017: Two Start Pitchers Week 3
- Early Season Fantasy Baseball Injury Replacements
- Fantasy Baseball 2017: Closer Depth Chart Week 2
Inside the Bag: Dustin Johnson Wins the WGC-Mexico Championship
- Updated: March 6, 2017
Dustin Johnson finished one stroke ahead of John Rahm to win his fourth WGC Tour event at the WGC-Mexico Championship in Mexico City, Mexico. This was Johnson’s second win in his last two starts and he has had a magnificent start to this season. DJ looks like he’s gearing up for a yet another Master’s contention, which is coming up on April 6th at the Augusta National Golf Club. Johnson extends his stay at the No. 1 slot in the Official World Golf Ranking and I do not see anyone unseating him anytime soon. With the win, he has moved into 3rd place in the 2017 FedEx Cup Rankings. In this short season, Dustin Johnson already has 4 Top 25 finishes, 4 Top 10 finishes and 2 tour wins under his belt. Oh by the way, he also gets to go home to Paulina Gretzky.
Let’s take a look inside his bag:
Driver: TaylorMade M1 2017 (10.5 degrees adjusted to 11), with Fujikura Speeder Evolution 661 TS X shaft
- A higher loft than most tour pros with his club head speed. This change could be due to the altitude and I believe it helped him average OVER 320 yds in Thursday’s round.
3 Wood: TaylorMade M2 2017 (17 degrees), with Project X HZRDUS T1100 6.5 75 X shaft
- Same as the driver DJ turned up his fairway wood as well, most tour players use 15 degrees or below.
Irons: TaylorMade Tour Preferred UDI (2), Tour Preferred MB (3-PW), with True Temper Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100 shafts
- What sticks out to me is the fact that he dropped a wedge in favor of a driving 2-iron. This gave him the ability to take advantage of placement strategy and his distance to set him up for quality opportunities.
Wedges: TaylorMade Milled Grind (52, 60 degrees), with KBS Tour Wedge 130X Black Nickel shafts
- Dustin executed some difficult bunker shots down the stretch with the lob 60 degree that solidified his win and kept him out of a playoff against Rahm.
Putter: TaylorMade Spider Tour Black
- Dustin did not make any big mistakes with the putter. His great approach game during the week allowed him to not rely on this club to heavily.
Ball: TaylorMade TP5x
Shot of the Week
Justin Thomas hit a hole-in-one with a 6-iron from 232-yards out on the par-3, 13th hole.
— PGA TOUR (@PGATOUR) March 4, 2017
Who are we going to pick for the Valspar Championship this week? Check back tomorrow for our DFS picks and later in the week for our office pool picks.