- Fantasy Baseball 2017: Hitter Streamers Week 4
- Fantasy Baseball 2017: Two Start Pitchers Week 4
- Fantasy Baseball 2017: Closer Depth Chart Week 3
- Fantasy Baseball 2017: Hitter Streamers Week 3
- Fantasy Baseball Waiver Wire Adds Week 3
- Fantasy Baseball 2017: Two Start Pitchers Week 3
- Early Season Fantasy Baseball Injury Replacements
- Fantasy Baseball 2017: Closer Depth Chart Week 2
Fantasy DWTS: How to set up a Dancing With the Stars Fantasy League
- Updated: March 14, 2017
Fantasy addict? A dedicated boyfriend who’s desperate to spice up his TV obligations? Or maybe just a diehard fan of the jitterbug and salsa? Regardless of your reason(s), The Roto Street Journal has your back with our newest fantasy offering: Fantasy Dancing with the Stars.
Just as we’ve done with The Bachelor, Survivor, and Game of Thrones, we’ll be bringing the thrill of drafting, scoring, and trash-talking to America’s favorite dancing competition. We’re stoked to welcome Shamus onto Roto Street as the resident dance guru. As a professional ballroom instructor who couldn’t be more passionate about his field, he’ll bring top-notch expertise for your draft prep and weekly in-season coverage. Don’t miss out!
But first, the set up. Read on for the steps to setting up your own Fantasy DWTS league.
Setting up a Fantasy DWTS League
Recommended # of owners: 2, 3, or 4 (evenly divides the 12 contestants)
Scoring: This is the simplest system yet. Celebrities earn points two ways: Judges’ Scores and Placement.
- Judge Scores: You earn whatever points the judges award your celebrity that week, for as many weeks as they last. Example: Rashad Jennings scores 7, 7, and 8 after a solid merengue. You get 22 FPs.
Note- As the season progresses and contestants are eliminated, celebrities will get multiple dances per episode. To prevent this from tilting the balance too much, your dancer will receive whichever score is their highest that night.
- Placement: Being likable is half the DWTS battle, and convincing America your vote-worthy gains you points in the following order:
|Placement||Fantasy Points (FPs)|
|Last Place||-20 FPs|
|10th or 11th||Zero FPs|
|9th, 8th, 7th Place||20 FPs|
|6th or 5th Place||50 FPs|
|4th Place||60 FPs|
|3rd Place||70 FPs|
Draft: Snake draft, so the last pick goes twice in a row. 1, 2, 3, 4 4, 3, 2, 1.
Tracking: We are thrilled to announce Fantasizr.com has agreed to host drafts and scoring for Roto Street Journal users. Just like doing a Yahoo or ESPN fantasy league, you’ll pick your team online and all the points and rankings will be tracked for you. Click here now to set up a league and get started!
But don’t draft until you’ve gotten fully prepared with Shamus’ rankings and contestant scouting reports!